Last Updated: 25 May 2018
One of the biggest changes to EU data privacy law came into effect on 25 May 2018. The General Data Protection Regulation, also known as GDPR, means that you’ll have more control over how your data is used.
Collection and Use of PII (“Personally Identifiable Information”)
Our primary goals in collecting information are to provide and improve our services, to administer your use of the services (including your Account, if you are an Account holder), and to enable you to enjoy and easily navigate our services.
Here are some examples of the types of PII we may collect and how we may use it.
How we collect, store and use information
- When you register we try to collect as less information as possible, including only your email address and gender. You provide this information only for the purpose of registering with us.
- We may collect information about your visits to our app and use of it (including your IP address, geographical location, length of visits, app navigation). This is only for improving our services; such information isn’t shared with third parties.
- If you chat with other Squizus users you provide us the content of your chats and if you contact our support staff or any Squizus staff member you provide us with the content of that communication. Squizus can decide that the content of that communication is in some way inappropriate and terminate the users account. Infotonomy may, but is not obligated to monitor or review any content you post as a part of the service.
How we also use your PII
- The PII we collect allows us to keep you posted on Infotonomy‘s latest services and update
- We also use PII to help us develop, deliver, and improve our service
- From time to time, we may use your PII to send important notices, such as communications and changes to our terms, conditions, and policie If you don’t want to be on our mailing list, you can opt out anytime by unregistering (unsubscribing).
- We may also use PII for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve Infotonomy’s service
- We may use PII to develop, display, and track content and advertising specific to your interests expressed using the service
Disclosure to Third Parties
We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
We may disclose information about you if we determine that for purposes of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary or appropriate.
We may also disclose information about you if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce our terms and conditions or protect our operations or users.
Protection of PII
Infotonomy takes reasonable technical and organizational to safeguard your PII against loss, theft, and misuse, as well as against unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall- protected) servers.
Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
When you use Infotonomy Apps or post on a chat room, or social networking service, the PII you share is visible to other users and can be read, collected, or used by them. You are solely responsible for the PII you choose to submit in these instances. Please take care when using these features. You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. We will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to the app).
Integrity and Retention of PII
We may withhold such personal information to the extent permitted by law.
Access to PII
You may instruct us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes, by sending us an email. In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
If you agree to this policy, it automatically means you’re over 13 years. We do not knowingly collect PII from children 13 years of old and under. If we learn that we have collected the PII of a child under 13, we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible.
In some cases, we collect and store information about where you are located, such as by converting your IP address into a rough geolocation. We may use location information to improve and personalize our services for you.